Art Education Update: November 2018
I hope you are enjoying Term 4 as we all rapidly approach the end of the year…
2018 at Maitland Regional Art Gallery has seen a diverse number of programs and exhibitions since Term 2 including
- Hunter Red: Razzamatazz showcasing theatrically vibrant artworks from the MRAG Collection,
- Wendy Sharpe’s exhibition Secrets,
- All that Glitters Jen Denzin and Mandy Robinson,
- 3rd Tamworth Textile Triennial,
- Concerning Peace 27 artists responding to the notion of peace , in a hostile world, curated by Robyn and Eric Werkhoven
- Finding Country Artworks by 45 Aboriginal artists from the MRAG Collection on until 17 February, 2019
And our final 2018 exhibitions opening on Saturday 1 December at 3pm:
- Staging Love Jumaadi
- Tim Maguire: Falling faintly, a survey of prints and video 2003-2018
- American Visionary: John F. Kennedy’s Life and Times 77 framed photographs culled from Getty Images
- Textures of Desire Rosemary Valadon paintings and drawings
Looking into 2019, these exhibitions and more…
The poetry of Space | Tim Winters| 2 February – 28 April 2019
Props, Masks & Magic | Andrew Antoniou| 23 February – 19 May 2019
Casual Forces | Lucas Davidson | 30 March – 23 June 2019
Operation Art | 1 June – 11 August 2019
Stories from Wonnarua Country | artworks by students from 8 local schools
29 June – 13 October 2019
Oscar Wilde’s The Nightingale & The Rose: Animating a Classic | Del Kathryn Barton |
27 July – 3 November 2019
School exhibition projects at MRAG| Master’s Apprentices at MRAG 2020
In early 2019 schools will receive information about an exhibition which will include artworks by local students from K-Year 12 in 2020.
The working title Master’s Apprentices will be an exhibition of the Lakeview Collection of Old Master Prints –including prints by Picasso, Rembrandt, Chagall, Goya and Miro – exhibited next to responses by local students to selected prints from the exhibition.
School Workshops at MRAG
Here at MRAG we are keen to have you and your students visit the gallery to enjoy making and looking at artworks…with our dedicated children’s exhibition space, the Art Factory, always the site of engaging and challenging exhibitions designed for our younger audience with interactive artworks providing activity and excitement in the ground floor space, there is lots to see and do.
School Workshops: We can organise a 1 – 1.5 hour making/looking workshop with our trained MRAG Art Tutors devising interesting programs to suit your students in our gallery or workshop spaces.
The MRAG Collection can also be accessed for particular themes or areas of study relevant to your students by prior arrangement. Just get in touch with your particular requests!
FUN FRIDAYS AT MRAG
Fridays can be fun – finish the week with a workshop with a qualified MRAG Art Tutor that fits with your students anywhere from pre-school to Year 12 and beyond.
A minimal charge of $7.50 per student applies which includes the cost of materials.
ART TRAILS, SENSORY PACKS…
To enable access and engagement with all students we have available Discovery Bags, Sensory Packs, CodeBreaker Art Trails, have a chat when you are in the gallery or get in touch via email