Visit MRAG on Facebook
Visit MRAG on Instagram
Bliss Cavanagh, Grape tree (detail), fibre optics, acrylic, mixed media
Art Factory: [ahrt fak·tuh·ree]
- MRAG’s exhibition and project spaces dedicated to children, young adults and families. Works of art are installed in the exhibition space on the first floor whilst on the ground floor, the Art Factory’s project space helps to engage specific audiences through interactive projects.
- [Collective noun] used to describe the wing of the MRAG building within which these dedicated exhibition spaces are located, and all associated public programs which are held within. The Art Factory wing of the MRAG building also encompasses two art workshop spaces, and meeting room space. Have you visited an exhibition in the Art Factory recently? We are attending an Art Factory children’s book reading.
The Art Factory aims to broadly represent, sustainably engage, and actively invite children, young adults and families into MRAG. The Art Factory achieves this aim through exhibitions and installation projects, a range of targeted public programs, and specialist schools programs for students from early childhood to tertiary age.
In addition to exhibitions developed for the Art Factory exhibition and project spaces, MRAG also provides a large range of low cost programs for children and families. These programs aim to encourage parents and families to utilise the gallery, and to feel comfortable and invited into all of its spaces.
- Pipsqueaks! a special program for toddlers aged 2-5 and their parents or carers (Wednesdays and Thursdays)
- Baby Art a special program for babies aged 0-2 and their parents or carers
- After school classes for kids aged 6-12 (Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
- Free or low cost family programs such as Free Art Sundays (weekly)
- Special Holiday programs for kids of all ages, featuring an average of a dozen events and workshops.
- Specialised school visit programs (coordinated by MRAG gallery educators at the request of visiting schools)
For more information head to the ‘what’s on’ page.
Art Gallery & Shop Trading Hours
Tuesday - Sunday > 10:00am - 5:00pm
Address 230 High Street,
PO Box 220 Maitland NSW 2320
Phone 02 4934 9859
Café Seraphine Trading Hours
Tuesday - Sunday > 7:30 - 4:30pm
Phone 02 4934 7264
© Maitland Regional Art Gallery 2017