Visit MRAG on Facebook
Visit MRAG on Instagram
Would you like to have an exhibition at Maitland Regional Art Gallery?
MRAG invites external exhibition proposals from 1 July – 30 September each year
The MRAG artistic program is planned and curated by the Cultural Director and Curatorial staff.
However, MRAG will consider exhibition proposals submitted by artists, external curators, other galleries and other interested groups or individuals.
Prior to submitting an exhibition proposal it is advisable to attend a meeting with the gallery curator to have a better understanding of the MRAG exhibition program and what the gallery might be looking for regarding future exhibitions.
These meetings can be arranged via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to be aware of when submitting an exhibition proposal to MRAG
- The MRAG exhibition program operates with a minimum two to three year lead time.
- The exhibition programming is guided by a committee of MRAG staff which meet at least once a year to discuss exhibition proposals submitted between 1 July – 30 September of each year.
- The exhibition committee aims to meet in October of each year.
- The exhibition committee is guided in the their decisions by a matrix of; MRAG collection focus, current and future exhibition planning already in place, education and public programming capacity as well as artistic excellence.
What should an exhibition proposal include?
You should address all of the criteria for your proposal to be considered.
- An outline for the exhibition rational
- Maximum 200 word artist statement on the concepts behind your work.
- Relevance – maximum 200 words on why you would like to exhibit at MRAG and the benefits or relevance to the local community.
- Logistics details such as number of works, dimensions and preferred dates.
- Budget outline including any costs involved and details of how you will cover them.
- 5 – 10 high quality digital images of recent work on a CD, and / or digital images of work which you are proposing to exhibit if available. Number each image and put your name on the CD.
- Public program would you be willing to deliver a floor talk, workshop or studio tour?
- Contact details including name, phone, postal and email addresses.
- Maximum 2 page CV outlining previous exhibitions and education.
With your knowledge of the MRAG gallery spaces, you are welcome can make suggestions on which gallery space within MRAG you think your exhibition would be best suited to be shown and outline why you think this would be the best space for your artwork.
You can also use the link below to look at the floor plan to be in a better position to identify the spaces in your proposal.
Gallery floor plans
Click on the plans below to view the measurements of the MRAG gallery spaces. These plans also include information about the temporary gallery frames we have available.
Please forward completed proposals to:
The Cultural Director
Maitland Regional Art Gallery
PO Box 220 Maitland NSW 2320
or email email@example.com
Art Gallery & Shop Trading Hours
Tuesday - Sunday > 10:00am - 5:00pm
Address 230 High Street,
PO Box 220 Maitland NSW 2320
Phone 02 4934 9859
Café Seraphine Trading Hours
Tuesday - Sunday > 7:30 - 4:30pm
Phone 02 4934 7264
© Maitland Regional Art Gallery 2017