Maitland Regional Art Gallery’s vision is to enhance the cultural fabric of Maitland, nurturing creativity, expression and enjoyment. The Gallery’s creative learning program for 2020 delivers on this vision, promoting and encouraging engagement across a diverse and innovative artistic program.
The 2020 program has been designed with the artistic program as its core and offers opportunities for creative exchange designed with a focus on lifelong learning and inclusivity.
- A core focus on artists and artistic practice centres the exhibition program around 5 major opening events where audiences have the opportunity to see and hear directly from creators.
- Self-directed engagement experiences are developed to appeal to a wide spectrum of gallery visitors and celebrate artists and their creative process.
- Expanded Arts Health programs provide critical support to members of our community in need.
- We continue to focus on the diversification of our program from visual arts to a multi-arts approach; theatre, music, performance and sensory experiences are now firmly embedded in the Gallery’s program and feature throughout 2020.
- A commitment to sharing and celebrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and connection to country continues throughout 2020 and will be further developed by ongoing consultation.
Below is a snapshot of the 2020 program, head to the exhibitions and what’s on pages for more detail or sign sign up to our e-list to keep up to date with exhibitions, new ideas and gallery information.