Our aim is to provide students of all ages with access to art, artists and artmaking.
For our current programs with schools in these Covid times please go to our Art Education Update here https://mrag.org.au/learn/schools/art-education-update/
MRAG is a valuable local resource for educators, not only for its exhibitions and art collection, but for its public spaces, big backyard and workshop spaces. We enjoy working with educators to create a gallery experience that meets the needs and interests of their students.
Our coordinated gallery visits can be designed for students of all ages and may include:
– customised guided tours and art play and create workshops for pre-school children
– engaging and age-relevant art activities and exhibition tours focussed on MRAG exhibitions for primary and secondary students
– projects with tertiary art educators and groups.
Workshops can be arranged for your students designed and delivered by our MRAG Art Tutors:
- using current exhibitions as stimulus,
- looking at selected artworks on exhibition,
- all materials provided,
- 1-1.5 hours in duration
- $7.50 per student
- lead time for paid workshops is a minimum of 4 weeks to confirm dates, discuss content etc… please get in touch!
In line with current Covid restrictions visiting students must be in groups of 30 or under. Our Covid Risk Assessment is available on request.
Our MRAG Social Script and Visual Schedule are available for anyone – check them both out, and Visual Schedule clipboards are available at the Front Desk on request.
Stay in touch:
Resources for educators: