- This event has passed.
2018 Brenda Clouten Memorial Travelling Scholarships for Young Achievers in Visual Arts
February 1, 2018 | 12:00 am — June 18, 2018 | 12:00 am
This scholarship was established to support a young achiever in visual arts (30 years or under) who is a student or recent graduate at a tertiary education institution in the Lower Hunter (including Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens, Cessnock, Muswellbrook and Singleton) to undertake a program of professional development in an international context. In 2016 an additional runner-up prize of $3,000 was donated by Maitland Regional Art Gallery and Vicki and Bruce Woods, the founders and Principal Sponsors, increased their donation to $5,000 for the Major Award.
In 2018 there will be a Winner’s Scholarship of $5,000 and a Runner-up Scholarship of $3,000.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
– Be currently enrolled in, or a 2016/17 graduate of, a tertiary institution in the Lower Hunter (including Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens, Cessnock, Muswellbrook and Singleton).
– Aged 30 years or under at the time of application.
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of artistic merit and potential and will be assessed by the Judges from the received submissions. Entrants are asked to ensure that their submissions contain all required information in Sections 4 & 5 of the Conditions of Entry.
– Artist’s statement
– Curriculum Vitae
– Travel and study proposal
– Digital files of 4 Artworks in a PowerPoint file
– Image list of artwork details (Artist, Title, Year, Medium, Dimensions)
– Transcript of study
– Copy of Birth Certificate or Driver’s Licence
Send your application to
The 2018 Brenda Clouten Memorial Travelling
Scholarships for Young Achievers in Visual Arts
Maitland Regional Art Gallery
PO Box 220 Maitland NSW 2320
or contact MRAG
Phone: 02 4934 9858