- This event has passed.
MRAGM Coach Trip – Turner form the Tate: The Making of a Master
August 3, 2013 | 12:00 am — August 4, 2013 | 12:00 am
DEPARTURE & RETURN LOCATION:
Northern Highland Travel – 3 Woodford Place Thornton Secure Parking at NHT (keys retained in case of emergency).
Luxury Coach to Canberra including morning tea and home-made cookies and mini open sandwiches
Entry to the Turner exhibition. Water available on coach.
• En route to Canberra – Robert’s famous morning tea
• Morning raffle – valuable prizes to be won
• Lunch at East Club in Canberra
• Visit to Turner from the Tate at the National Gallery of Australia
• Check in at Hotel Dickson 4 * Quality Inn late afternoon
• Pre-dinner drinks at Hotel.
• Free time for dinner
• Full breakfast in the restaurant
• Tour of Canberra embassies district
• Short trip to Mt Ainslie
• Visit to Bungendore Wood Works Gallery
• Free time for lunch
• Afternoon raffle: valuable prizes to be won
• Arrive at Thornton approximately 6.30pm
• Detailed timetable will be given on coach
Some changes may occur due to unforeseen circumstances
Turner form the Tate: The Making of a Master:
Turner from the Tate will offer fresh perspectives on J. M. W. Turner (1775–1851) – one of Britain’s greatest artists and a key figure of the Romantic period. He is celebrated as a highly modern painter, his work much admired for its experimental character.
Turner from the Tate includes many of the artist’s most famous paintings. It provides a comprehensive overview of Turner’s monumental landscapes and atmospheric, light-filled seascapes, while offering extraordinary insights into his working life and practices.
Call: 02 4934 9859,
or drop into the art gallery.