Art & Dementia: Conversations and Community Days
People living with dementia and their carers are invited to join us for another year of conversations, connection and creativity at our free Art & Dementia program
Art & Dementia is a 90 minute social and creative tour of our exhibitions, hosted at the Gallery three times a month and created specifically for people living with dementia and their carers.
The sessions are guided by a trained facilitator who uses art as a trigger for conversation and self-expression through art making, enabling visitors to express their thoughts and emotions in a friendly and supportive environment. Each session is different to the last and all materials are provided.
Art & Dementia is a great opportunity for those living with dementia and their carers to reconnect, and for carers to connect with each other. It aims to combat social isolation and provide opportunities for attendees to develop ongoing quality relationships.
Art & Dementia is presented for free with all materials provided thanks to the support of the Department of Communities and Justice. Everyone is welcome to attend as many sessions that suit you.
To register, Phone: 02 4934 9859 Email: email@example.com
Art & Dementia 2023
- Thursday 20 July, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 25 July, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 10 August, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 29 August, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 7 September, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 12 September, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 12 October, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 24 October, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 9 November, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 21 November, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 7 December, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 12 December, 2.00 pm