Art & Dementia: Conversations and Community Days
People living with dementia and their carers are invited to join us for another year of conversations, connection and creativity at our free Art & Dementia program
Art & Dementia is a 90 minute social and creative tour of our exhibitions, hosted at the Gallery three times a month and created specifically for people living with dementia and their carers.
The sessions are guided by a trained facilitator who uses art as a trigger for conversation and self-expression through art making, enabling visitors to express their thoughts and emotions in a friendly and supportive environment. Each session is different to the last and all materials are provided.
Art & Dementia is a great opportunity for those living with dementia and their carers to reconnect, and for carers to connect with each other. It aims to combat social isolation and provide opportunities for attendees to develop ongoing quality relationships.
Art & Dementia is presented for free with all materials provided thanks to the support of the Department of Communities and Justice. Everyone is welcome to attend as many sessions that suit you.
To register, Phone: 02 4934 9859 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Art & Dementia 2022
- Tuesday 8 February, 1.00 pm
- Thursday 24 February, 10:30 am
- Tuesday 8 March, 10:30 am
- Tuesday 8 March, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 31 March, 10:30 am
- Tuesday 5 April, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 28 April, 10:30 am
- Tuesday 14 June, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 30 June, 10:30 am
- Tuesday 26 July, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 28 July, 10:30 am
- Tuesday 9 August, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 25 August, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 13 September, 10.30am
- Tuesday 13 September, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 15 September, 10:30 am
- Thursday 6 October, 10.30 am, with guest artist Luke Thurgate
- Thursday 13 October, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 18 October, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 27 October, 10:30 am
- Tuesday 8 November, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 8 November 2.00 pm
- Tuesday 6 December, 10.30 am
- Tuesday 6 December, 2.00 pm
- Thursday 15 December, 10:30 am